Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My First Mother's Day





Blaine has been very very busy lately so I assumed he had totally forgotten Mother's Day (kind of like how he forgot Valentine's Day). So Saturday night he was supposed to take the night off, it was the night my mom got here, but of course, and as usual he had to go to work but he assured me it wouldn't take too long. I told my mom I figured he forgot Mother's Day and maybe I had better call and remind him but then I thought no because when he forgets and has to make it up to me I usually get more... haha!!! He worked until after 10 o-clock and I was a little irritated because we have spent very little time together since the baby has been born (our schedules don't really mesh yet). I called him and he told me he would be home soon. Well by the time he got home Mom and I had gone to bed. He came up and I was feeding Cooper so he turned on the t.v. a commercial for Mother's Day came on and I said "what holiday were they just talking about?" Blaine looked at me in horror, "oh no!" he said. I asked him, do you need to go to the store? haha" he asked do I want to go with him. ha yeah right take a baby out in the middle of the night to buy my own Mother's Day present. He started apologizing and I gave him a little bit of a hard time. this was a big Mother's Day you know, my first, my mom is here helping us, and his mom has been here helping us. But I told him it wasn't a big deal I knew he was very busy and that in the future he would work at being better about it because he knew that those kind of things meant a lot to me. But I also told him he could make it up to me! ;-)
So Sunday I woke up and came downstairs to give Cooper to my Mom so I could get ready for church. There was a balloon that said I love You Grandma, and big homemade card and flowers on the couch. I was so confused, how on earth did Mom get this Mother's Day present, did she bring it with her?... no and then I read her card and it was signed by Blaine! I was so confused then she finally told me to look in the kitchen. There was another HUGE balloon that said I Love You Mom, a big heart shaped homemade card, and a beautiful pink azalea topiary! I couldn't believe it. Blaine remembered Mother's Day!!! He had fooled me good. And he hadn't been working the night before he had been doing my Mother's Day present. What a GREAT husband I have! I will have to give him more credit in the future :-)
Mom and I missed part of church to talk to my brother Jacob who is serving a mission. We went to church and then we went to Blaine's Mom's house for a big Mother's Day dinner with the whole family. Cooper slept for almost 4 hours because he was being held the entire time! I am pretty sure I have a little spoiled baby on my hands. We had a great day tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment