Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ask me about my morning.

Cooper woke up at about 2:45am this morning with a big poopy diaper. I got up and changed him and he acted like he was wanted to be awake and happy for a little while! Luckily by the time I had finished changing him he started to rub his eyes and act hungry. We climbed back into bed until about 7am when he woke up happy and smiling, I was still exhausted so I went to hand him to his dad when I realized that he was soaked his upper half with milk and his lower half/up his side with pee! Great, now I have to get up. I got up and gave him a bath and changed him into a cute onesie my friend Charity sent him. I thought for sure he would want to be up now but as my luck would have it he acted hungry! We got back into bed again! Blaine left to go work. I drew the blinds and fed Cooper till he fell asleep! I fell back asleep. I woke up at 9:30am ready to be up for the day. I called Dora, she had called while I was sleeping in this morning. She wanted to make sure we were still planning on the drivein tonight. My talking woke Cooper but he was happy so it was no big deal. I put him in his swing and took a shower. When I got out I figured Cooper could use some tummy time so I put him down on a blanket fresh from the wash and started to get ready. Cooper was really enjoying tummy time! Then I heard him fill his diaper, but it didn’t sound too bad so I continued to get ready. Finally he got fussy. I figured it was because he was over tummy time so I went over to roll him over while I finished my hair and make up. When I rolled him over I got quite a surprise!... He had pooped up through the front of his diaper. Yay, he had already had a bath. I started to change him and it was much worse than I thought. How on earth was I going to get the onesie over his head with out getting poop everywhere? Let me mention that Cooper thought my efforts where hilarious and helped me out by kicking and swinging his arms as much as possible. So there was now poop on this arms, tummy, legs, not to mention everywhere down there. I did manage to keep it off his head and face. The wiping process took a very long time as my hands were often dirty and once I got one part of him clean and moved on to another he found a way to dirty himself up again. In the back of my head was a timer, counting down. You see it took so long to clean him up I just knew that he would pee on me. FINALLY 100 wipes later he was all clean. I quickly got a diaper on him. He did not pee on me either. I then got him dressed in a little outfit I had kind of been saving for a time when people would actually see him. It is very cute and has been hanging on my closet the past few days. While putting it on him I realized that it is size 3-6mo. Apparently my brain is so fried from not getting enough sleep that I have lost my ability to read and comprehend. Oh well it isn’t even that big so he is wearing it for the rest of the day. Now I have to go brush my teeth in the bath tub because there is a poopy onesie soaking in my sink. And forget getting my hair and make up done its 11am, the hair will be in a pony tail.

Side note: Yesterday Cooper woke up a 4am for playtime and then spend the rest of the morning having a tummy ache.


This picture does it no justice! I wish you could see how brown it really looks.
Surprise Mommy!!

You know that your day did not start out with this much fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Jacqui, hang in there. You're doing great. Hopefully we can all get together again a time or two before I start school again in September - we can exchange poopy baby stories :)

    ReplyDelete