Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Cooper opening his present for Mommy
He thinks the box is just a drum... haha
Looks like he loves Christmas presents!!!

Our first Christmas as a little family!! And our first Christmas in Washington!
We had a great Christmas! On Christmas Eve we went to Blaine's sister's, Deb, house. We had a really wonderful dinner with everything you could think of, she does lots of hosting (she did all the food for our wedding) so everything was really good and we over ate. After dinner we sang Christmas carols and then read the story of Christ out of the Bible. Cooper loved the Christmas music. When ever anyone was singing he listened and rocked back and forth to the music, it was so cute. Blaine and I were Mary and Joseph and Cooper was baby Jesus. Haha. It was fun and the kids loved being the wise men, angel, shepherds, and camel. Cooper was very well behaved. After we left Deb's house we made some presents deliveries to people we didn't think we would get to see on Christmas day, including the secret Santa we did! Blaine and I both agree that was our favorite part of Christmas. Then it was off to Grandma's house to spend the night!!
Christmas morning we got up when we heard Boyd (Blaine's brother) and his 3 boys going through there stockings. Blaine and I got up and even though i hate to wake a sleeping baby we just couldn't stand it and woke Cooper up! Cooper enjoyed opening his presents or at least ripping paper and trying to eat it. I got him a little "race track" type present and Blaine got him so cool balls, of course he liked Blaine's present more than mine but only because mine was in a box and requires batteries. Grandma got him a duck pillow pet. Cooper also got another little toy, movie, book, and some clothes. I got Blaine a hunting knife and some camo clothes and he got me a Pandora charm bracelet that i absolutely love!! I got three charms one that is a heart that is for Blaine and I falling in love, a garnet for Cooper's birth (his birthstone) and a Christmas tree!! And as if that wasn't enough I also got a pink bike!! :) I couldn't believe it! After opening presents we went back over to Deb's house for a big breakfast and stockings. I was pretty anxious to talk to all my family in VA so we headed home and turned on the webcam to talk to everyone. We talked to my Dad and the entire family that was at his house for Christmas dinner and thanks to technology I even got to see my step mom and mamaw open the presents i sent home for them. After talking with them I got to web chat with my mom, step dad, and little sisters. Talking and seeing everyone with the web cam made me feel like i got to be home for the holidays too! Man I love technology.
Blaine and Cooper took a nap while I made my first ever broccoli casserole (everything from scratch, it was actually pretty involved) I think it turned out pretty good. Then we headed back to to Grandma's for Christmas dinner with most all of the family. It was delicious and so fun. While we were there Jacob called and I got to talk to him for a long time. I am so excited for him to come home!! Can't believe he only has till May left on his mission. After dinner Blaine took everyone sledding, he pulled the sleds behind his four wheeler, they loved it. We then decided to go see Blaine's other sister Debbie and her kids to give them their gifts. It was nice that we got to see almost everyone on Christmas day. After a nice visit there we were pretty tired and went back to Grandma's and gathered up all our goodies and brought them home. Blaine, Cooper, and I all changed into our pjs and watched the movie Wyatt Erp (Cooper got it for Blaine for Christmas) before bed.
It was such a great day!! We had a wonderful Christmas.

side note: on Christmas day Cooper learned how to clap his hands and now does it all the time that we will say "Yay good job" and clap too. And he was standing holding on to the couch and totally walked down it to get to me. When I realized what happened I almost fell over


Loves the balls that Daddy got him
Loved all the faces that he made all Christmas Day
not sure what this face was for, don't take my
picture or don't take my presents
Merry Christmas everyone!!

Blaine giving rides!!

No comments:

Post a Comment