Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Birthday and such...

So Christmas came early at the Smith house. After great debate of whether or not to get one, we welcomed a Playstation 3 and Call of Duty into our home on Tuesday night. Needless to say it has not gotten much rest since it got here. Blaine is quickly becoming a forced to be reckoned with in the game. He enjoys his “man cave time.”

Wednesday was my birthday! For the past two years we have gone out and cut down Christmas tree for my birthday and we thought it would be a fun tradition. We have not cared too much what it looked like in the past since we have been in VA the past two years for Christmas. This year however, since we will be home I really wanted to find the perfect tree no matter how long it took. Blaine and I remember this place we had seen last year that appeared to have lots of good trees. So we piled into the truck and headed up the canyon nearest our house. I brought the camera and Cooper’s snow clothes with me I thought I could get some good pictures. We did not make it up the Canyon thanks to a fresh snow!! It was very frustrating. He headed back to the house and scouted our own property for a tree but they were all real Charlie Brown trees. We had plans to go to dinner at Olive Garden but I really wanted a tree so Blaine knew another place were we could go. We went up Mission Creek and finally after a long drive I thought I spotted a good one but it looked impossible to get to. Cooper was asleep so I left him in the truck and went to help Blaine. The tree was impossible to get to, I fell at least 12 times on the way up and back. I only made it 2/3rds of the way up but Blaine got all the way and cut the tree down, he also found another one for our friend Ghilberto and one for his parents. They were not the best but after the rough start and the time crunch to get to dinner we just took what we could and headed out. We at Olive Garden, my favorite, and it was wonderful as always. Cooper is fun to take out because he can entertain himself more. When he was tiny he was easy to take out to eat because he just slept through it but then he got a little older and wanted to be held, got hungry and tried to reach for the plates. But now he can sit up in a high chair, eat snacks, play with toys, and then we usually take turns feeding him dinner while we eat. Cooper eats food twice a day now, breakfast and dinner. After dinner Blaine went to scouts (he is the 11 year old scout leader) and I went to his parents house to visit. Then it was home again.

Today I put up the Christmas tree and decorated it. I think in the future we will get it earlier so that there will not be so much snow, all the good trees won’t be gone and so I can have my decorations out longer.

The tree
Panoramic view of my living room
Panoramic view of my living room


Cooper and Blaine by the tree

1 comment:

  1. Great tree! It's perfect. and it better be for all the hard work sounds like you put in to getting it!

    ReplyDelete