Sunday, December 5, 2010

Trip to VA

Blaine, Cooper and I were able to go back to VA for Thanksgiving! It was so fun because a large portion of my family had yet to meet Cooper. I was very nervous for the flight I way over packed for him, I would rather have too much than too little for a baby on a plane, but Cooper was seriously the best baby ever. He slept for all the take offs and just played on our laps it was great. The flights went by pretty quickly. When we landed Mom and Patrick were there waiting for us. When we got to the house Patrick held Cooper for a long time and Cooper didn't mind at all he enjoyed playing with Patrick's beard.
We stayed with Mom and Patrick wednesday-sunday. It was so fun to be with family. i loved watching everyone interact with Cooper. Ceara got to hold Cooper for a long time while he slept. and Nana came over twice to see him. We went over to Dad's on thursday night to get the car he was letting us borrow and for him to see his grandson. he was so excited he met us at the car!
Sunday after church we went to Grandma Conner's for "thanksgiving" dinner and then over to dad's to stay the week. When we got to Dad's he cried! It was so funny and sweet. He was listening to John Denver and then we walked in with his first grandchild and it just all got to him. Monday Dad took us to Hollywood Cemetery where 2 Presidents are buried, President of the Confederacy Jefferson Davis and over 18,000 confederate soldiers. It was neat to see a little history while we were there. We hung with dad. he went hunting with Blaine and Ransom. We went out to see my grandparents and thursday we had thanksgiving dinner with my grandparents. Blaine shot two deer right before dinner so it was the fastest thanksgiving dinner of my life. the women hung out and talked inside while all the mean cleaned and cut up the deer outside. Cooper took a nice long nap with Eve. Afterwards we did some midnight black friday shopping it was fun and insane with baby!
Friday was Anne's only day off so we hung out with here and while Blaine and slept in Anne took care of Cooper and he rolled off the bed. She felt so bad. But he was fine!! :) :)
Saturday we went back over to my mom's house and had a family dinner with my nana and uncle and his family. I think we actually had like 3 of those. On saturday my mom gave me a surprise birthday party and i as actually surprised and didn't ruin it or figure it out even tho when i got there my little sister Caoilainn said "we didnt bake a cake" we spent the night with nana and watched some good movies then back to mom's for the rest of the week!! we all hung out and had fun and its getting late and i can't remember what else we did and Cooper is telling me to wrap this up. Cooper got a little fussy on the way home and Blaine and I had to take turns standing and holding him but he still wasn't even that bad! We are so lucky. But I can now tell that he was spoiled while we were home because now when i put him down or walk away he yells at me!!

But to sum up we had a great time and here are a few pictures!!
Patrick, Coop, and Mom

Anne, Dad, Coop, papaw, Mamaw
Cooper was kinda fussy so Dad played a little guitar
and we didn't hear another peep
Ceara is such a wonderful little aunt
so good on the plane rides!!

No comments:

Post a Comment